Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2008

On your mark ...

In between indoor soccer games and trying to keep 3-year-olds entertained on the sidelines (with the help of Grandma and Grandpa), Brett and I drove to Scottsdale to pick up our race stuff, including the all-important chip -- the little device you attach to your shoelace so you get an accurate time of when that foot crosses the start and finish lines.

We ran into my friend Tracey, who is also running with her husband. They ran the Rock N Roll marathon in January -- it was their first. We've been sharing our up-and-down training experiences for months, so it will be fun to have her there ... although she and her husband will probably be a good 15-20 minutes ahead of us.

The reality of it all is starting to set in, especially as we decipher the race information and figure out we need to leave the house by 4:30 a.m. at the very latest. I can't remember the last time I went to bed at 9:00, but we're going to try tonight. I'm sure I'll be just like a kid on Christmas Eve, tossing and turning and waking up every hour or two and checking the clock.

Here's hoping Santa treats us well this year ...

No comments: