Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

It's almost here!

Less than 48 hours now until the half marathon. It's been a crazy week. I have to start by saying that March in Arizona is gorgeous. The sky is a piercing blue, the afternoons are warm and it's even green!

This has been an easy running week, what real runners (is that me? still not sure yet) call tapering. Reducing your running before a big race. So Tuesday it was 4 miles and Wednesday was 3. I felt like I was getting away with something.

And on Thursday I was supposed to do a final 2-mile run but I had jury duty so that didn't happen. Actually it was probably good for me because I don't think I thought about the half marathon more than about four or five times. Instead, I kept thinking "when are they going to call my name" as I sat in the jury assembly room with about 400 other Maricopa County residents. I was ultimately chosen as a juror, but I don't have to go back until March 17th, so another week until I have to think about that.

And on Wednesday my parents arrived. Today we took the twins to the zoo. I'm exhausted. And tomorrow doesn't look like it's going to bring much help. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to rest and relax before the big day when Blake and Nick each have an indoor soccer game, Blake has an outdoor game and then an end-of-the-season party in the evening.

OK ... and for the record, my goal is to finish the race( although I'd love to do it in 2:15 or less).

No comments: