Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Making a Splash -- From the Diving Board

I just got back a couple days ago from visiting a friend. I actually flew on a plane all by myself (can't remember the last time I did that!), Brett took a couple days off work, and I was gone for four days.

Around the second day, Brett called to tell me that Zach and Allie jumped off the diving boards at the local pool. I was kinda nervous and gave him the dreaded 100-questions routine.

The next day, Brett called again and the first words out of his mouth were "Guess what your daughter did at the pool today?"

And I have to confess, the very first thought that came to my mind was that she peed and that Brett was the parent who would get the awful scowls because his child forced a 24-hour closure of the pool on a 103-degree day.

But no ... Allie's a big girl.

She went off the flippin' high dive. Yep! I nearly dropped the phone. I couldn't believe it.

So when I got home, Zach and Allie showed me their jumps off the diving boards. Zach isn't ready for the high dive, but he loves leaping off that regular-height diving board.

Here they are, Zach first:






No comments: