Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hair Today ...

Blake's new haircut.

A week or so ago Blake conceded his signature long locks were looking a little on the shaggy side and asked if one of us could take him for a trim.

Brett did the honors and when Blake walked into the kitchen upon his arrival home, I couldn't stop my mouth in time before uttering, "Hey, Justin, how's it going?"
"I know ... it sucks," Blake said, shaking his head in what appeared to be an attempt to get it to fall just the right way to perhaps meet the lower end of the approval standard. But no.

Then I opened my mouth again and put the final nail in the coffin.
"It's cute ... It kind of looks like (friend)'s hair." "I know ... that's so lame ... I'm getting it all cut off," he said. So back we went for the second haircut of the day (the things we do for our kids ... ).

We told the hairstylist that he just had it cut and he didn't like it. "A little too Justin Bieber for ya?" she asked. "Yah," Blake sheepishly replied.

And as he stole a glance at his new 'do in the reflection of the window, a revelation came over him. "Wow! I can hear." "Good ... you can turn your crazy rap music down."

Blake with the long hair he's had for about the past four years (minus one short haircut two years ago).

No comments: