Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Drying Out



The CCV soccer fields, where Blake plays ... when they're not flooded.

Who says it doesn't rain in Arizona?

Last week we got pounded. Continuously. Hour after hour. Two days straight. Many who have lived in the Phoenix area for years and years said they had never seen so much rain.

It was the first time I had to drive the kids to school because of rain. And still, walking the twins from the parking lot to the kindergarten gate, we got soaked.

I had to tear the house apart looking for umbrellas ... one in the car, one hanging in the laundry room, another tucked away in a closet. It's never rained enough here for me to buy Zach and Allie cute little kiddie umbrellas so I had to give them regular, adult umbrellas to take to school. An exciting thing for them. That is until they had to figure out how to open and close them.

"Let me do it, let me do it," Zach insisted. And, after a few attempts, "How do you work this thing?"


That's an Arizona kid for ya.

No comments: