Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Nick Turns Nine!



Nine!

So, first things first ... yea, it's been awhile since my last post. You would think now that Zach and Allie are in school I'd have more free time. Somehow between scouring the Internet trying to figure out if and when I can revive my freelance writing career to trying to get more runs and gym time in to volunteering in Zach and Allie's class and offering to be a room mom to dealing with five soccer practices a week, I feel much busier than when they were home. Go figure.



Nick opens his prized XBox 360.

Anywho ... Nick celebrated the big 9 a couple weeks ago. So hard to believe. Seems like just yesterday he was our baby.

Nick began the day with fresh bakery donuts, thanks to Brett. Then I took him his favorite ham-and-lettuce-on-Italian-herbs-and-cheese-bread sandwich from Subway. And then, the opening of the present he'd been BEGGING for forever -- an XBox 360. Sigh ...

Oh, and his birthday "cookie." Nick always prefers a giant chocolate chip cookie to cake. All Brett and I say to that is good thing my birthday is just two weeks after Nick's so we can get some gooey, chocolatey cake -- a genuine cake -- for my birthday.

So about a week and a half after his birthday, Nick invited a few friends over for a sleep-over. Video games, swimming, soccer, craziness, a bloody nose, young boys. Nuff said.


Zach helps Nick blow out the candles.

A blast from the past ... Nick turns 3.

No comments: